Take a full-day private trip to Essaouira, one of Morocco’s most attractive coastal towns. It’s charm is undeniable, with its white washed and blue shuttered houses, art galleries, wood workshops, fishermen and colorful boats, all enclosed by ancient red walls.Day Trip Highlight :
- Relax at the bohemian coastal resort of Essaouira.
- Try fresh seafood from the local market.
- Stroll around the medina and port.
- Walk through Skala Harbour and visit the old fortresses.
- Relax on the beach, or swim in the Atlantic.
- Ride camels on the beach.
- Visit the Argan woman’s co-operative
Your tour start at your hotel or riad at 08:00. Depart Marrakech, driving through lush valleys filled with orange groves, ancient olive trees, and working farms. Stop at Chichaoua for a coffee or snack at Cafe Afoulki.
Continue past your first Argan trees. These special trees are valued for their nutritive, cosmetic, and medicinal properties. A relic species from the Tertiary age, is extremely well adapted to drought and other environmentally difficult conditions of southwestern Morocco, and while now endangered, under the protection of UNESCO.
Arrive in Essouira, and wander the ancient streets, where it’s easy to imagine life before you. The streets have a Portuguese feel, after they renamed the city in the 16th century and used it as a port city of their own.
Dine on fish straight from the sea at any number of local restaurants, and ride a camel on the beach.